Monday, December 4, 2006

Shopping Day after Civil Affair

We have completed the work at the Civil Affairs office and with the Notary (lawyer). We then went back to the room and Sarabeth and Mary rested - John read. We freshened up, went downstairs for the lunch buffet. JingDong ate well again, but not as much as at breakfast - after she was done, she said "I am full" in english. She has learned many such phrases and it helps immensely! We then went to town to do some shopping - she loves to shop! We hit a 6 level department store looking for a pair of boots or shoes that she could wear with dresses and such. When she saw a pair of red suede "sock boots", that was it! She loved them and wore them the rest of the trip. We then hit Walmart, China style - what a cacophony of loudness!! We picked up a few things - even I (mary) couldn't stay in this Walmart for long. Jing found a new dolly altho she really wanted a pair of roller blades or a bike!! Now I know what Jeriah will give her for Christmas - roller blades! She calls them "shoe skates".

Jing is fighting a bit of a cold and doesn't know how to blow her nose - so she is always snuffling, poor thing. Wish I had one of those dreaded 'snot suckers'!! Think we will rest again - Jing keeps rubbing her eyes - none of us rested very well last night.

Oh, Jing also asked "I want to call my Mama" - and we dialed her foster Mom - she spoke with her and our guide spoke with her, too. She and the family want to meet again, but I think we will put it off until Thursday, lest we end up "running in to them" at the hotel everyday. They love her so.

We are so encouraged by how Jing is trying new foods and does well chewing - she even chewed gum today .... something I encouraged when she persistently kept grinding her teeth. It looks like she will need some extra dental work - oh, joy!

Please keep "commenting" - it encourages us while we are far away!

Peace,
Mary, John and Jing Dong

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary,
I meant to tell you that we stayed at that same hotel in Jan. when we were picking up Maggie (from LCV, they brought her down there). I feel like we are right there with you! I laughed about the Walmart comments....it really WAS crazy!! We're keeping you all in our prayers, and the foster family, too. You are very blessed that your daughter was so loved!

Dawn

Pastor Steve said...

Hey All,

So excited about all the great news from your trip! What a blessing that she is able to speak with you and I love the "I am full" comment! Can't wait see you all in person.

All is well here, Nate & Jules are having a great time but miss their Mom & Dad.

Susan was doing her school work today and Jules walked up, patted her on the head and said "No one cares!" Susan just laughed herself silly. (Not a long trip!)

Praying for you,
Pastor Steve

Anonymous said...

I don't know you all, but I saw the link and invitation to watch your blog on the Heritage Yahoo group. I wanted you to know that you and your beautiful daughter are in my prayers. I am thrilled for you all. (Thanks for sharing with the rest of us) May God continue to bless your daughter and make her transition as easy as possible. I will be praying for her foster family as well.
Blessings, Laura Roberts

Martha Burns said...

From Alexis: I am 7 and I'm a girl. I will go to your church and would like to play dolls with you. I want to meet you. Alexis
From Danny: I am 9 and I'm Alexis brother. I will go to your church too and would like to meet you.

John said...

Mary mentioned that Jing Dong doesn't know how to blow her nose....in China it is considered rude to do so. But....they'll hock lugies anywhere and anyplace- the long drawn out snorting kind!